Saturday 13 July 2013

Meet Howie Marsh.

Hellooooooo!

I’m Howie and I’m the newest member of the team, having started in February 2013.
I’d thought that I would introduce myself.
For 15 years I was a professional sound engineer, having started with homemade speakers (with parts bought from this very shop), to working with many prestigious artistes that range from the late Humphrey Lyttleton, to Toyah Wilcox, to Shed Seven! I toured provincial theatres for several years with various tribute shows, with a few jaunts to far of foreign climates entertaining the troops during conflicts. I’m a veteran of many folk festivals, having been associated with Reedham Ferry Folk Festival , Folk on The Pier at Cromer and Gt. Yarmouth Maritime Festival. I am currently Vice Chairman of the committee that runs the long running Gorleston Clifftop Festival, that attracts up to 30,000 visitors at the end of July every year.
If you don’t know, Cookes sound and light showroom is up the stairs to the rear of the shop and has recently had a refit. Sound systems, microphones and lighting can all be demonstrated with ease.
I feel that the department had been run down to a degree, and it’s my intention to restore it to its former glory!
Come and find me!

Howie

No comments:

Post a Comment